Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kugan died in custody

I am back.
Even though I’M busy, I never fail to follow on kugan news. It did scare me a little. More ever when I’m looking at my two son. I mean… who will not.
Does The Police misusing their power? I really have no idea. I am not going to end this topic under racist subject, which I hate to MAX.

Seeing the violence at Mumbai, Palestine, Thailand, and Sri Lanka... I do feel secured being in Malaysia. I also pray our country do not end in such violence.

Than I came across an article about a 28 years old man at China. His name is Yang Jia. He entered a police station and went on a stabbing spree. The reason behind his act is that he was taken into custody in 2007. Suspected that he had a stolen bicycle that he had actually rented. Later he accused Shanghai Police of beating him but his complaints and demands for compensation went unheeded. He did not attack the policeman whom he had accused beating him. Instead had killed “AS A PROTEST AGAINST THE SYSTEM”. During his trial, he had challenge the presiding judge by saying “THE POLICE DARE TO DO SO BECAUSE YOU ARE BEHIND THEM”.

Don’t u people think... Government should take serious action on this case. Just to avoid any Yang Gia rise in our country.

2 comments:

Bavani Mahen said...

I do not know would it be right to support or not for him. "Who is Kugan?" There are says that he is a car thief and rumours are around he's an drug addict as well. With this kind of reputation i feel uneasy to support for a justice for his death because he had commited sins earlier and the people who have lost their property to him would have cursed him earlier for his death if he really commited in this illegal activities. If he is really a good citizen and innocent and abused to death, my support is there. Otherwise it is a waste of time to support for a scum. Please clear this doubt first if need 100% support from everyone. Its just my opinion. The decision is in the hand of an each individual.

Scorpion said...

@Bavani - I beg to differ.

Kugan was caught on suspicion only. He was not convicted of any crime. Assuming he is indeed guilty, the police should have some professionalism in them to extract the information from him. But they chose to be animals themselves in the name of interrogation. They know very well that they are protected by the system, so they went on to beat him till death. What happened, is not police interrogation but crude brutality. Sorry to be sound racist, but the fact is indians are not respected at all.